Just C'mon Down!
Give us a call at 808-320-3091 and we'll schedule a time for you to come
and be interviewed. We are here 7 days/week and can certainly make time to
meet with you in person.
It's that easy.
Are you looking for a safe, stable work environment where you can work with dogs all day? Then Bark! Bark! Backyard is the place for you!
Here at Bark! Bark! we're all about dogs. But behind every good dog is a patient, hard-working handler! That's why we're looking for committed, driven, and caring individuals to help us give our dogs a safe place to rest, grow, and be their best selves. Come join the Bark! Bark! Ohana in the Puhi Industrial Park!
As a Kennel Attendant, you will be responsible for making sure every dog is comfortable and that all their needs are met - provide water, food, potty breaks, and a CLEAN place to sleep! You'll also learn alongside our top dog trainers on proper handling and teaching good "doggy manners" to both dogs and their humans!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Cleaning and sanitizing all dog items and kennels;
- Taking dogs out regularly to potty and cleaning up after them;
- Taking dogs to and from owner's vehicles safely;
- Exercising and monitoring dogs on our doggy treadmills;
- Having fun!
Although we keep our dogs indoors, we need to regularly take them outside to relieve themselves. Position requires bending down, some lifting (up to 20 lbs), and standing/walking for extended periods of time. A large majority of your time will be directly dealing with dogs of all shapes, breeds and sizes! That means keeping a cool head and good energy at all times is of utmost importance.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred (but not required!);
- Valid driver's license or state ID;
- Reliable transportation;
- Animal handling/welfare experience (helpful, but we will train the right candidate)
- 40 hours/week (full time)
- Weekend & Holiday availability
- Health Insurance
* * * * * * *
Puhi Industrial Park
1544 Haleukana St., #8
Lihue, HI 96766